Saturday, December 01, 2007

Anatomy of a Yogi

Exams are over. Finit. Done. The end. Yay.

Finally, it's over. Last paper bye-bye. I didn't put much effort in studying for this one though, and I don't think I would have scored well anyway. But I think I've got enough to pass. That's the mantra I learnt from C, he said we only need 51% to pass, who cares whether the MBA is a merit, a pass, or an A* student. So 51% is the mantra I've been chanting for weeks. Now I only need to focus on my final assignments and the big project.

Speaking of mantra, I'm spending 3 days at an anatomy workshop. The body is pretty amazing stuff, and only humans are anal enough to name every single part even little cartilages or ligaments in the body. And mostly all in latin. Why can't folks make it easy and say, part 1, 2, 3....... there must be a thousand names. God only knows. Anatomy in relation to yoga and understanding the practice is amazing, a lot of things now makes more sense to me. Now I know why I'm tight in the hammies, why my pelvis tilts and how it relates to lower back pain. Yeah, yoga teachers with intimate knowledge of anatomy are certainly great teachers.

School is over. Finally I can get back to real yoga classes on a regular schedule. No more flabby butt and arms. Maybe more practice will help with the saggy boobs. I could even invent a new posture called Boobsasana?

No comments:

Labels