Sunday, October 21, 2007

Price of Vanity

Vanity is very dangerous. Because it is very expensive. Was at the salon to get my haircut and colour touch up, I had a naggy feeling it would be an expensive jaunt. This stylist is very expensive, but at least she knows what she is doing. As usual, I left the salon with a very very nice hairdo and colour job, but about $300 poorer (ouch).

Vanity is expensive because whilst sitting in the chair getting my hair done, I poured through half a dozen fashion mags. I swear there must be a conspiracy between fashion mag publishers and hair salons, because what else can one do whilst stuck in a chair with rollers all over your hair, except to think about shopping and what do buy and what to match. Which is precisely what I did after my hair appointment - go shopping.

Shopping is a dangerous thing (refer to previous blogs on shoe blitz).

For some reason I decided to head out to Far East Plaza since some pretty stuff was featured in the mags, not a bad choice since I could have rojak for dinner. By the time I arrived, rojak was closed. Awww. Consoled myself by shopping.

Shopping is a dangerous thing, no matter how cheap the clothes are. I must have been shopping too much at high end stores lately, because I almost couldn't get over the shock of how one blouse would cost only $39.90 (I thought only hdb sells clothes for these prices). Naturally the cheaper they are the more I will buy. Predictably, I went around a couple of stores and spent about 3 hrs; which netted me a about 10 pieces of new tops. It must be the season, because most if not all are either black or white. Now what I need are boots and more accessories to complete the latest overlaying, overdressed, booted up look.

Damage from shopping? Some $800. OUCH!!

I must be mad.

Mad cow moo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$800 is a lot of MOOOOLAH... but retail therapy helps! its expensive.. but lotsa fun!!... any cutie dresses? or is this gonna be like your make up therapy... where you have wayyyy tooo many to ever use... er.. can i just ask one question... if you can spend $800 on new wardrobe...er.. why can't you buy another pair of shorts to walk doggies in... besides your tatty one? Just a thought...er...there are more holes than material!

moooooo

Labels