Friday, October 19, 2007

Maturity

Maturity has manifested itself in several ways this week. Bis has turned 5, in human years he's 35 years of age. Certainly earned his "maturity" tag. It's been 5 years, yet I still remember the time I first saw him as a 3 day old pup at the breeder's home in Melbourne. He looked like a tiny hamster then, only palm sized big. Now, he's like an old man in many ways - eccentricity, attitude, even the belly paunch, the resigned sighs, the white hair. Iggies live an average of 10 years, 5 more good years left. I can't imagine when the time comes, no doubt I will be immensely sad.

Maturity as I look at myself, my wrinkles, my deep laugh lines, the saggy jowls, the worn out joints, backaches, neck aches, muscle achesl, white hair. Saggy boobs - once my pride and joy....ah well, things eventually always go south. Considering I might have another 30 years, things aren't looking so uplifting at this point. Maybe I should join the crowd in using the services of a good aesthetic physician. :P

Maturity in my dressing - wahlau, my wardrobe still has clothing from like 8 years ago, which I fondly had to wave goodbye as in my objective to become a more trendy fashionista, I have to stop dressing like AUNTIE. Ironically, I have joined the AUNTIE ranks as yesterday whilst passing by Isetan on my way to the supermart, I spied a sign that said 70% off jewellery. I am now the proud owner of some rather ostentatious looking bling blings. I have joined the crowd in showing off rocks on my fingers. Well, at least I've not reach the extent of getting some rather obiang-sized blings (there were a couple of oversized eye-blinding blings at a very good price). I might either get robbed, or fingers chopped off, or bosses will think I'm being overpaid. As in all typical auntie-hood, the blings are not really real of course, I mean, they are real enough blings, but synthetic rather than of mother earth. i.e. I am el cheapo. Wahah.

No comments:

Labels