Sunday, July 15, 2007

Welcome members, time to go apeshit.....

Borders just launched their membership programme. For this weekend, new members get 30% off everything. EVERYTHING. Except multimedia. But who cares. Obviously I went apeshit. I skipped meditation to head down to the store, plonk down my details and went away with my new shiny gold (members) card. I had a basket with me, and in went business books, novels, magazines. All in all over $220 dollars, but with a whopping $70 savings down to $150. The only slight pause at the cookery section - I was in a dilemma over my growing cookbook collection, and also my intent to be more organic and vegetarian in my diet. Guess 28 cookbooks is good enough for now, not that I have time anyway to even cook instant noodles. But I am a happy camper this evening. 30% storewide is like a banner from heaven. Whooeeeee.

Yesterday we went to see My Wife is a Gangster 3. This show is damn hilarious. Weak plot, but hey, with ShuQi there, nevermind. But the show stealers surely must be the Korean lead, and the female Korean translator. I was in stiches, even the girl next to me kept glancing at me in agape fascination as I laughed my head off in what probably seemed to her as unladylike fashion. Who cares.

Ape moo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, apeshit you did go at the movies.. you were laughing so hard that you din even eat you hot dog which you were craving for!!..full on funnies?.. thats a new diet! perhaps the side ways glance by the gal next to you wasn't looks of disdain, but could be because copious amounts of your saliva were flying in all directions and she was mearly checking the source!

Labels