Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hello Digital

Finally I've gone and done it. Swapped the SCV set top boxes to the digital ones. I've resisted for the longest time....the boxes I had were the originals, since 10 years ago when SCV was first installed. Tried to hold on to them till the very end, and resisted upgrading; there is some pride in telling people I'm one of those still on the old ancient analog boxes of grandmother era. But alas they too will eventually fail of old age, as one box gave up and died. Ah well, it's been a good 10 years. Now there's something called a hdtv set top box set..... my motto is....resist till the very end! In fact, C got me a flat screen plasma tv. Frankly, I can't see what the heck the fuss it's all about. Yes it's flat as an AA-cup bra, but what's the big deal? The old bulky fat gigantic lumpy space-taking heavy tv worked just fine. Sharper pictures? Errr...don't see any. Guess I'm one of those resist technology types...technology is evil and will take over the world some day. Blah blah blah. But then, my karma with technology hasn't been good since age 24. Somehow my techno-touch just upped and died like a wilted flower. Ever since then, it's bad luck everytime I get a new techno gadget. Even the new ipod C got me doesn't work, cuz it needed new software on the PC. Tried to install software only to be told the PC cannot handle it.n Somehow in the process I lost all the iTunes music. C fixed it, but now the old ipod cannot work on the PC. No new ipod and no old ipod. It's like...wahlaueh... you get what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean you REALLY up and went to change the box!!you din tell me (then i would change ours too!!) Bwah hah!! now I can boast of having the ancient boxes!! and we have 3 at home!!!...wahhh.. got more channels now?? and the diff between the spekkie AA cup TV and your old one?.. well, the SHELVES aren't bent and about to snap!! DUH!!!.. OPEN your eyes!! its NICERRRRR!! then again, your mom watches Wayang and you... Anthony Bordain... the telly is wasted on the lot of you!!! Maybe dogz appreciate a good TV, hence they are always on the couch!! wah hah!!
Now get me an aircon!! we are all dying at your place!!

Labels