Sunday, June 10, 2007

Not meant to be

The universe has its laws. And some things are just not meant to be. School assignment is due tomorrow, and I was planning on scrambling for it this weekend. Had lunch with Viv, Nic and gang at Imperial treasures (really very good dimsum) after which they tried to convince me to go to Viv's place to complete the afternoon with a round of dvd watching marathons. Nic even offered to write up my strategy assignment in order to convince me to hang out with them. Apparently she is some kinda strategy studies expert; she also claims she can write an assignment in about an hour. 2500 words apparently is a walk in the park.

Of course, in about 2hrs, all she did write up for me was 539 fairly good words. Apparently the remaining 2000 words should be "all gas" as the whole point was just to embelish the BS that goes on in assignments. I saved the file, sent a copy to myself via email, and borrowed Viv's thumbdrive to save an external copy. But the universe has it's ways - apparently there is some software incompatibility, or the file was corrupted. Neither the emailed nor thumbdrived version allowed me to retrievve the doc. I had to sms Viv to email me another copy, and as a precaution also had her send a 2nd email with the contents of the doc pasted in the body of the email text. Smart thing to do, I thought.

Of course the Universe has its ways. I came home from yoga all ready to write my assignment. Lo and behold I realised very quickly I had not brought my laptop secureID home. DUH. No security tag = no way to retrieve emails. I could of course text Viv again to email another time to my hotmail address, but that's not the point. The Universe has just made it glaringly clear to me that I'm not one of those people who could get away with foisting my assignments off to others. Everything comes full circle. Now I'm back here again writing my assignment from scratch. Sigh. So how come some people get lucky and some don't? DRATS.

No comments:

Labels