Sunday, January 07, 2007

Economics of a wailing cow

I'm exhausted. Having stayed up till 1am last night to research how to write the damnably difficult econs assignment. This one is really though. One cannot BS in econs, and no copious amounts of cow dung will rescue me from this one. Late last night I finally decided to base my assignment on the Starbucks co.; ironically a quick midnite cuppa at the goldhill starbucks did not manage to keep me awake, I went home and was asleep within 30 mins of my caffeine intake. Sigh.

My body hurts and brain juices are pretty tied up. Think I mentioned before if there was ever an assignment on Chinese dramas (or more recently, Korean dramas), I win, hands down. But noooooo....life never goes the way we want. Look at my dude cow - when I was young I wanted the dream man every girl wanted - tall, dark, handsome, rich. Well, now I got tall, dark being subjective since there is the occasional sunburn. Handsome...err, beauty in the eye of beholder. As for rich...sigh...let's just say that one has to be very specific in what they wish for. Rich is bodyweight in not exactly same as rich in wallet. Bwah.

I sit here struggling to do my paper. Suddenly a flashback of the past, where I used to sit at the computer whole day not because I had to write assignments, but because I was engrossed playing computer games. I could go on playing 16 hrs straight (also suppose that's why I have hunched shoulders now, hazard of those days). Oh how I wish I didn't have to work, or do my MBA. My dream vision is spending my day sitting at the computer with all the RPG and Simulation games (I miss Simcity!), then maybe head out for some yoga, then back home for Korean or Chinese drama. Taking pleasure and time to cook and make use of all those beautiful cookbooks I invested in. But alas, life isn't fair and doesn't turn out the way we want. But ok, I have 2 lovely dogs, err, live ones. I also got one very evil slick beanie. I got a toilet humour cow-dude. I also have 3 iPods, several Tods shoes and bags. Ok ok so maybe life ain't THAT bad, but it doesn't mean I can't wish for a dream. To be specific, my dream involves having lots and lots of $$$$ (USD or Sterling, not rupiahs) and being deliriously and genuinely happy.

Is there a GOD out there? Is he listening?

OM wishing cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God may not have been listening.. but i was!!.. hey, my dream gal was supposed to be.. (and here is when guys defer from women)... cool, hot bod, sex addicted and whose every wish is to be at my beck and call and answer to all my whims and fancies...SEE HOW REALITY SUCKS!!!!...

The funny thing is that we always want what we dun have... now you are complaining that you wish you had more time to watch VCDS and play games, but a year ago, before your classes started, you were lamenting on how bored you were!! and how dead your brain felt!..

cows should be more zen!.. imagine the life of your two doggies...mmm.... and even so, slick not happy!.. see!!.. we always want more... grass is always greener on the other side!!

Labels