Monday, November 19, 2007

Is-Lama-bad?

This one really got me going off my rockers. There was some show on cable, produced the Frasier guy, which is basically a parody of some lame and cheeky jokes. The first of which they flashed a pic of a lama on telly, and a pretend newscaster flashing the headlines - "Is Lama bad?" (Islamabad). It was unbelievably corny but damn funny. I couldn't stop repeating this to poor C day in and day out. He looked at me as if I've lost my head. There were other pretty lame and corny one through the 15 min segment, one gotta hand it to those folks who has to think of lame and corny jokes for a programme like this. What genius!

Jokes aside the rather pathetic bit was when the K-fashion spree has shown me how it truly crippled me poor ol' bank account. Went to the bank to withdraw some cash, only to be cold heartlessly and ruthlessly rejected with a big sign flashing "account balance insufficient to meet withdrawal amount". OUCH. Nothing can be more painful than that, except maybe a big neon sign and alarms flashing and wailing madly atop the atm machine each time a person tries to withdraw more than available balance. C looked at me with big blinking eyes and a sympathetic look, "you are that broke huh? And it's only the 20th of the month...".

Ahhh yep. Maybe it's time for awakening. Spree over.

No comments:

Labels