Saturday, April 29, 2006

Grumbling Moos

Was in a pretty grumpy mood today, as this morning had to sacrifice meditation class to go all the way to MOE to be the surety for my bro. I didn't get any b'fast, thinking we could finish at 10am and then all head down for some kaya toast and eggs (which seems to be the de riguer b'fast for my sat mornings). All throughout the journey and our wait at MOE I whined, complained and cussed. That's actually pretty bad behaviour. Wah, I've degenerated to one of those shrews. Damn, this is what lack of food and lack of zen does. Not very zen leh. Or should my mantra now be IAMSHREWWWwwwww......?

Anyway, headed down to killeney kopitiam where bro treated b'fast. After 2 eggs 2 toasts and some thick milo, I'm a much happier camper. Made it in time to the Led class at noon too. Mood improved tremendously.

Uh oh, I had $300 in sookee vouchers expiring today. Bohpian, have to go shopping. Decided to try and buy something for mother's day. Ended up with a nice-ish semi-precious pendant. Nice-ish because, frankly speaking, SK and LH and Goldheart and etc jewellery standards.....are bleh. Poor quality and butt ugly designs. $99 for a diamond pendant? Forget it, I'll buy some good cubic zirconia stuff with that at a costume jewellery store thank you. Not to mention all the hdb aunties and their grandmothers will probably own 101 of these cheap 'diamond' jewellery.

The bright spot however, was the fruit stall outside of the sookee shop in toa payoh...selling DURIANS!!!! Wah...the whiff of the fruit permeated the entire store as I was browsing jewellery. I was hooked. End up with $30 of ang-heh durians. Finished 1 box already, and by jove, this is THE BEST stuff I've had this off-season. Worth my $$. Happy camper again.

No comments:

Labels